Monday, January 16, 2012

Brekenridge!!!!

Well I heading to Breck with some friends Friday night to meet some other friends.  I worked on skiing most of the day, I feel like Ive improved and I cant wait to get back out.  Saturday night we watched some football and I crashed early...  Got up early, rallied the troops, and we headed to Lincoln falls.
The hike to Lincoln falls is a short one, but its nasty.  Its all uphill and you have the choice between ice covered rocks or frontpointing slipery Icey slopes.  Fred likens it to the hike up to Table mountain.  We got up there and began the Climb.  THe Climb was mostly just for exercise but the Climb was WAY different than the last time I was there.  It was BIG and FAT.  and we had a blast.  Mike Crossman was with us climbing verticle ice for his 2nd time ever.  He did well and we had a blast.  We got out of there pretty early and Missed trafic on the way home.
Mike getting some tips on climbing vertical ice.
Me watching Mike Climb.
Mike topping out on the first pitch and a half of Mt. Lincon.
Andrea Killing it on the steep section near the top of this pitch.
Mike and I on the way out.  Andrea and Fred finishing up with a few reps on this pitch.

It was the best weekend i have had in a long time.  I cant wait to do it again.  Great people and great friends manke a great place to live even greater.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home