Monday, March 04, 2013

I'll do it tomorrow...


So I saw a FB update the other day by Conrad Anker.  It said “When there is a mountain to climb, don’t think that waiting will make it smaller.”  Coming from a man who has had his share of epic summits, powerful climbs and just plain life experience, I think this says a lot.  He’s clearly a man afraid of very little but he is still acknowledging its best move with intention and concur the “mountain”.  I’m pretty sure he’s speaking of far deeper things than just summits.  He has had plenty of time in solitude pondering the intricacies of life.  Although I have never met him I imagine him a lot like myself; I think, I reason, I calculate, I execute, and most importantly, I don’t look back.  How often in life to we put things off we don’t want to do?  Maybe we think it will get easier, maybe we think it will go away.  It never does.  As a society we are procrastinators.  I know personally I work hard to not procrastinate.  .  But anytime I think I can do something tomorrow another quote goes through my head by Pablo Picasso “Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone”.   There are a million cliché sayings like this…  But one this is sure, we ALL have a mountain to climb…  All of us.  And truthfully today is as good a day as any to take those first steps. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home