Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Liberty Ridge- Rainer Training - Week 2

So last week wasnt perfect, I did get in my two Stepper workouts which are what everthing else is buliding from.  Both Days I did 30 minutes on level 5 with a 45lbs pack.  My Average HR was 160 (84%) with a Max HR of 171 (90%).  What was interesting was this Monday Week two at 35 minutes, Level 5 with a 45lbs Pack, My Average HR was only 149 (78%) with a Max HR of 161 (84%).  TO me this shows one of two things.  Because I rested on Sunday, I was able to handle more WORK with less affect, or because of my increased activity my heart is able to more easily keep up and allow more WORK with less affect.  Either way it is a good result.  I was planning on upping my level for this thursday to level 6 but I may leave it at 5 to test my Idea.

As I write this I am sitting in Denver Airport leaving for Salt Lake City for a few days.  I got a hotel with a decent Gym and should be able to improvise some decent workouts.

As far as logistics go, I will begin to attain the necessary permit to climb Liberty Ridge in Mid June.  I have signed up for a cravasse rescue course in Boulder the 18th of next month.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home