Monday, May 20, 2013

7 weeks left


So I have 7 weeks left before my 30K and I must say I'm not feeling ready.  In reality I have 5 good weeks of training before I really need to start to taper if for this thing.  I have a few races I'm signed up for before then but really there much shorter but will give me an Idea of how I will do in PA.  Tonight the goal was 4 miles on a treadmill.  4 miles piece of cake right?  Not on a treadmill.  and to make it worse, the secondary goal was to keep my heart rate 140 + or - 5 bpm.   That is an incredibly slow jog to a fast walk to me but Ive been reading about these recovery runs being crucial to training.  Also been reading about intensity training which I am used to already and how to Mix it up and get the most out of it.  Obviously I will keep my long runs for the miles but I'm changing some stuff up and doing some more intensity and Hill workouts.  So 7 weeks left.  Tonight felt pointless but Id like to work 5 of these into my week.  an extra 20 easy miles in addition to my normal training.  Well see, that's a little ambitious right now but maybe I can work up to it and introduce it into my next training schedule.

So Saturday 6.75 miles with good incline averaged 13:20 second miles.  that not bad over the 1600 feet of incline.  Id like to be closer to 12 min miles for this race and I think I can do it at sea level.  Yesterday (Sunday) I ran a 2 mile warm up, Lifted (deads, clean and press, and bench), then I did some sprint Drills, my first organized ones, I did them on the Track, a 1/16 mile track, alternating sprint with walk for 16 laps.  so I sprinted 1/2 mile total.  Ill start to increase on those.  A final 1 mile jog in my minimalist shoes ended my workout.  Today my 4 miles was a recovery.  Tomorrow?  I'm going to sleep on it.   I am thinking a Progression run but well see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home