Sunday, April 07, 2013

Week 1 - Day 7 - 4 miles (Long Run)


Ok well I changed the numbering slightly of my titles.  but its not much.  Yesterday (Saturday) was the day I wanted to run but because of a very demanding ski day, I pushed it off to today, Sunday.  I went to Red Rock Amphitheatre.  My Goal was a 4.3 mile trail that runs up a hill the first mile (19:00).  So One thing I realized was the Maps were off, the GPS was more likely accurate.  The trail was really 3.4 miles.  SO I fell below my goal but I made it up the other day with the extra mileage.  Just important I get them in.  So it was 46:06 to run the trail which I may use as a quick test piece.  First mile is steep switchbacks so with 1st mile being 19 mins, that means the remaining 2.4 miles I averaged 11:15 per mile.  Total run im in the 14 min per mile range which doesn't bother me one bit.  I would call this trail Easy with a moderate climb in the beginning.  I completed this Run in 46:06 - I burned 777 calories and  had an Avg, HR of 165 and a peak of 175.  I felt Strong on the easy trails.  Just need to keep it up.  Hoping for 2 on Tuesday, 3 on Wednesday, and a 6 miler in Bozeman on Thursday, My Long run for the week since ill be skiing the weekend.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home