Friday, April 26, 2013

Week 4

As week 4 comes to an end I will say my training has been a disappointment.  Ive been in Mississippi for close to two weeks working long 12-14 hour days.  But I have still manage to get in a few road runs but I am considering this unacceptable.  Also my weekend long runs have been non existant.  I am supposed to to an 8 miler this weekend.  Not only would this be tough I dont know any 8 mile trails that arent covered with a bunch of snow.  I may still go for it Saturday and ski Sunday, well see.
My runs here have been short in the 3 mile range.  Its Hot and humid but I am fast at seal level.  Ran some 9 minute miles and maintained a lower heart rate.  Its dificult to travel and eat properly especially when your managing a team that wants to go out and eat at night and you need to buy.  Future trips I will work to do better in that aspect.

I did order some new shoes last night Im excited to get.  Also looked at some trail runs that sound fun.  Still contemplating the "Leadville Heavy Half" but I just dont know if Ill be able to make the cutoffs.  Maybe if the snow melted and I had more time to train at altitude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home