Sunday, June 16, 2013

How can you help?

I was in CO springs this week.  I was sitting in the parking lot eating the lunch I had packed with my hands because I had forgotten a fork, basically a cold stir fry but it was delicious.  While sitting there a car pulled up next to me with a HUGE woman in it.  And I became grossed out as she opened up her McDonalds bag and started plowing through cheeseburgers like it was her job.  I could just make out her face and it was clear she was unhappy.  I could just make out the sorrow in her eyes, the sadness that makes her think, Ill lose the weight next week.  Ill get a better job after I....  I don't know what she did for a living but she wasn't happy.  Then after she starts sucking down a cigarette.  I cant judge on either of these accounts these things happen.  They do!  I Have struggled a little with weight and a lot with cigs.  I know what its like to make excuses about why you haven't stopped or when will be a better time.  After this big meeting, Ill start my diet Monday.  Enough!  Health is the most important thing on earth.  I firmly believe a Exercised and well fed body is the key to happiness.  And after all, the body does fuel the mind.  Back to the woman...  A great sorrow came over me.   I felt so bad.  I want to help...  Cant we all help someone?  I think the problem is the people who need the most help wont take it.  We have all had help.  of some sort.  There are people in my life I owe the world.  I feel like I could make a real difference in that woman's life.   Lets all lend a hand and Help.  This week I will focuss on PEOPLE.

3 More Weeks!  3 weeks until my race.  I am not really prepared but so Be it.  This past weekend I did a 5 mile run and a long MT Biking ride, first ever, followed by an intense lifting session today.  Mistook the 35# plates for the 25# ers.  This weekend I am shooting for a long run and then The following is a 10K.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home